Garlic has many medicinal functions:
- Anti-bacterial- kills bacteria
- Anti-viral- prevents viruses
- Anti-fungal- great for fungi infections such as athlete's foot
- Anti-flatulant- soothes the GI, no more farting!
- Lowers atherosclerotic plaques- protects the heart and blood vessels
- Lowers blood pressure
- Anti-coagulant (prevents blood clots)
- Protective from hyperlipidemia (high lipids and cholesterol)
- Helps balance blood sugars, especially useful in Diabetics
- High in minerals like Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Calcium, Aluminum, Selenium
- Aphrodesiac- sets the moood:)
Some easy garlic treatments include:
1. GARLIC SOCKS for colds, flu, chest congestion
You will need-
- cotton socks
- 3 cloves of garlic (1.5 per foot)
- olive oil (or any oil or petroleum)
- plastic wrap or bags
First warm your feet with a nice foot bath or soak. Dry feet and apply oil all over generously. Add minced garlic to soles of feet and slip into socks, then cover with plastic wrap or bag. Leave on overnight. Very similar to warming sock treatment.
2. Eat it RAW for colds, digestive issues, etc.
- Excellent for sore throats to help prevent and treat Strept infections.
- PREVENTS and STOPS GAS!!! That's right, no more embarrassing farts. Just delicious breath.
- Helps rebalance the gut flora.
3. Apply Topically (minced) for skin infections, acne, athlete's foot, eczema, warts
- In cases of infection, it is useful to mix powdered charcoal with minced garlic- apply to skin and cover with bandage for 4-6 hours.
4. Roast and Eat!! Garlic makes a deLICIous food and spread.
- Preheat oven to 400'F
- Peel away outer layers of garlic skin
- Cut 1/2 inch off the top of the bulb, exposing a bit of each clove
- Put on a pan, drizzling a little olive oil over the top (1-2 tsp over each)
- Cover with aluminum foil (or use a garlic cooker)
- Cook for 35-40 min- it will be done when each clove is soft
- Squeeze out of skin and pread on crackers or bread.
Moderation = Balance = Happiness